Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My forever friends....

Back in October 2009 a childrens choir came to our church. I was 12 at time. Little did I know how much of an impact they would have on my life. The children were from Nepal, Uganda, and the Philippines. They sang worship songs to God. It was amazing.  My mom and I cried the whole sevice. The next day we were able to spend some time with all the children over lunch at the river.  I loved watching their performance but even more I loved talking to them......learning about each of there personalities..... forming relationships with each of them.
This is us at the river

From then on we followed their tour. We looked at the schedule and any time the tour came to Georgia we went to see them!  We have so many memories that will forever be in our hearts. I wish I could share them all with you but.......that would take forever. One that is very special to me...... towards the end of the tour. You could tell they were tired... Pashi from Nepal looked up at me with her big brown eyes and ''I am glad you are here'' I almost cried.

The girls and I

It has been a year since they returned to their countries. I miss them so much. We keep in touch with the ones we can. We love them so much.  They changed my life  forever. Through them God put the desire in my heart to help children in poverty. They made it so real to me. I will never forget them. I don't want to forget them.

I love you, Neybel, Esther, Aljane, Pashi, Jamira, Zahara, Jackie,Venus, Zam, Evah, Thomas, Marvin, Arnel, Ashish, and Aldrin.

making funny faces...


all for Him,
~Lysa

1 comment:

Teena said...

I truly believe this was and will always be the highlight of your christian walk... as you allowed God to break open your heart for these children but for the world! Your faith amazes me. You teach me things daily. I love you.

Much much love,
Mom