Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blessed again!

So for about a month or so I've been thinking about adding to my Compassion family, and getting another child to correspond with. I wanted to do more, even if it was just telling another child they are loved by God. 

So after praying about it for a while, a week ago I call Compassion and got on the waiting list for another correspondent child. The next day she was there on my account. . .

Aster Gelgelo Gobena

Aster is from Ethiopia! She is going to be 9 yrs old on Sep. 20. She lives with both her parents and one sibling!!! She loves to play house, group games and jump robe. She helps out her family by running errands, cleaning, and helping with child care. Aster's father works as a laborer at a construction site and her mother sometimes sells at the market. 

Wait. . .that is not all. I called Compassion today and asked a few questions about Aster. She has been in the program since August 2007 and has had two sponsors, but has never received a letter.  Isn't that heartbreaking!?! I will send her her first letter today. I know God has placed this beautiful girl in my life to show her His love. She is SO precious to Him. I am so excited to get to know her!! She is already so precious to me! 

There are so many more children just like Aster who receive little or no letters at all. They wait for them, just like Aster but they have never come. I pray you will be moved to sponsor a child today and show them the love of Christ. If you sponsor and don't write it is not to late to start or pick up the pace. You will never regret it!

All for Him, 




5 comments:

Lizzie said...

She is so beautiful! My little sister is 9, but I am pretty sure that Aster and her live very different lives. I am soo happy that you are corresponding with another. I love doing that! I hope you get to know her well and get lots of letters!

Thanks for loving on her, Lizzie :)

South GA Mama said...

That is so sweet of you! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear from you! Love ya, Laurie

Kayla said...

She is so cute! I love that Compassion has a correspondence program.

Teena said...

I have thought about this a lot ... 2007... that is 5 yrs. Bless her little heart. Think of the day when they call her name and SHE HAS A LETTER from YOU! Can't you just see her holding your pic and just in shock. IT will happen!

I am so proud be your mom. I know the past few wks have been sorta hard. You are beautiful..

I love you,
Mom

Jill Foley said...

What a blessing it will be for you both to be able to correspond. I just learned last week that the younger brother of one of the buys I sponsor is also sponsored - but he never gets letters from his sponsor. I asked to be his correspondent, but his sponsors have not relinquished their correspondent rights so there is nothing we can do. So sad.